I purchased a HotDox V2, which has been great:
- The keyboard has LEDs! if that’s your thing.
- Left and right sides can be used independently.
- LCD screen show you the layer you’re in.
But I accidentally flashed it with the HotDox V1 firmware, and needed to flash it back.
The steps are pretty simple:
- Get the HotDox V2 firmware. I had to e-mail kono directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- press the reset button on the side you’re flashing(different sides different firmwares)
- Erase the firmware with dfu-programmer:
dfu-programmer atmega32u4 erase
- Flash the firmware (example has the right side)
dfu-programmer atmega32u4 flash hotdox76v2_rightkb_via.hex
And that’s it!